Friday, October 17, 2008

Somebody s-s-stop me, please

Photobucket
The mushrooms find me, I am telling you. There I was, innocently sitting on the outdoor steps by my bedroom's sliding glass door, when suddenly {{gasp}}, what do I see when I look down at the earth, but another mushroom. They are everywhere around here!


After I took this photo, I chopped it up and sauteed it with some onion and garlic and then I made a chip dip out of it, using some sour cream. Suddenly, the world looks beautiful and there are pixies flying in the air. Oh, life is good again!


Reminder to all: sometimes, you need to read the labels for my posts.

10 comments:

Mary said...

You are too funny! It's a wonderful photo, though. Love the DOF, and the little plant in the foreground...
Hope everything is going well for you. :)

Mental P Mama said...

I was worried there for a second...Thinking of you today.

The Good Life in Virginia said...

sounds good to me...and yummy too:)

Anonymous said...

You really are getting addicted to mushroom photos, aren't you? I wouldn't know which ones were safe to eat...

Hilary said...

Snort!

Sue said...

Hi Kate...love the picture. I'm assuming the mushrooms are wild, how do you know they're okay to eat? If I tried that I would kill the husband and land in jail....I also just saw that you have another blog...I love George! It's raining here in Georgia today so I'm going to spend the day reading it.....Sue.

Deb said...

LOL...subtle way to alert your readers of your nonsense!!! You are funny, girl!

For a moment, I was wondering if it is really safe to pluck wild mushrooms from the forest to make a yummy dish.

olivia said...

LOL ... funny gal.

I was thinking if we zoomed in a little closer, we would see a pixie sitting under this mushroom. It's storybook perfect. :-)

Country Girl said...

Sue and everyone who thinks I actually really eat these things need to take note that I do not!!!! I was kidding. It's why I labeled the post "blatant lying". So please, for the love of God, do not eat the mushrooms.

A public service announcement from C.G.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.