Thursday, October 16, 2008

Favorite things: rocking chair

Photobucket
I have an antique rocking chair that has inlaid mother-of-pearl scrollwork along the top. Some of the little pieces are missing, but I think it just adds character.

I bought it when I was in my very early 20's, somehow stuffing it into my little Fiat 124 Sport Coupe for the ride home. God, I loved driving that car . . .

But back to the subject. I rocked my babies to sleep in this chair, singing my favorite lullabies. Now, that's a happy thought. I feel much better now, thank you.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful!!!

Somehow I always pegged you as a sports car girl. I guess it takes one to know one!

Jessica
www.momshots.com

Hilary said...

Oooh that makes a wonderful photo! And what a warm memory it holds for you.

Jeannelle said...

This is a unique photo with wonderful memories attached! Take care!

Mary said...

Oh that is so pretty, Kate! It makes a lovely photo, and a wonderful memory, too. :)

Pat - Arkansas said...

Wonderful memories, and a super photo. I like very much how you captured the texture of the old varnish.