Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Flopsy, Mopsy and Cottontail

Photobucket
A spent bloom from a clematis with its delicate tendrils. It almost looks like a tiny mop head!

I used to read this story to my sons when they were young. Flopsy, Mopsy and Cottontail, as you know, were Peter Rabbit's good brothers and sisters. Peter was the naughty one.

Here's the entire tale, if you've got a moment to indulge. I still have the tiny little books that came in a set and were given to my sons for Christmas one year.

10 comments:

Louise said...

Wonderful phot. I don't remember ever having seen a spent clematis.

Kahshe Cottager said...

Very nice! I followed over from Paintbox to see the original~

Mary said...

Yes, I love those seed heads. Clematis is really a plant that looks nice for a long time. And I loved to read those stories to my kids, too. :)

A beautiful Mopsy!

Daryl said...

Mopsy looks a little floppsy .. another here whose never seen a clematis gone to seed .. or fluff

Great shot as always

:-Daryl

Shimmy Mom said...

Kate, What a coincidence, I just went and bought the Beatrix Potter Complete Collection today when I took my kids to Barnes and Noble. I felt that a childhood was not complete until they'd read Peter Rabbit. Love it!
Oh and your pictures great too!
*hugs*

Country Girl said...

Oh, my gosh Shimmy! You're gonna love reading them. One of my favorite is the Story of Miss Moppet. She's an adorable little black kitty. Love it!

~ C.G.

abb said...

Some spent clematis' are prettier than others - my parent's look like that, mine, not so much (pooh!).

You're just getting better and better! I am in awe.

Anonymous said...

Oh I just love this picture! I need to get myself a clematis. I did not realize they did this. It is simply beautiful!

Jeannelle said...

Fascinating! Reminds me I should mop my kitchen.

We have a set of tiny Peter Rabbit books, too.....well-worn.

olivia said...

Gorgeous! Like a feather headdress. **sigh**