Thursday, September 3, 2009

View from a boat


Davis Creek Marina

Taken on Davis Creek in Mathews County, Virginia.

I thought the original boring, so I used the following actions on this photo. With the exception of the burnt edge, they're all available from TRA (Totally Rad Actions) and I'm fairly certain they're all in the same set.

Troy @ 52%; Oh, Snap! @ 75%. To lighten the shadows on the dock, I used the Yang in the Yin/Yang action @ 70% and on the roof I used the Yin to darken @ 100%. This is one of the actions that I find the most versatile of all the ones I own. It does double duty with a set of layers, one to lighten and one to darken. I use a soft brush and go over the problem areas. Finally, I used MCP Burnt Edges @ 70% in multiply blending mode. Of all the edge tools I've tried, I reach for this one more than the others. Plus, it came as a free sample.
Original below:



8 comments:

Char said...

beautiful processing for sure

Caroline said...

Really good stuff!

Mary said...

I love how you showed the original next to the processed version. What a difference!

The JR said...

Huge difference.
Ramona

Daryl said...

And when I want to do this, which is rare cause I am such non-action person both in photos and life, I go to picnik.com and apply 25% of the Vibrance effect ... lazy and cheap

Noe Noe Girl...A Queen of all Trades. said...

Nice shot. Love the COKE signs.
<><

Traci said...

Fabulous processing! It is a whole other skill set to look at a photo and take it to another level with actions like this. Thanks for sharing your steps.

Anonymous said...

Ohhhhh you are a very very good ambassadors för the blog-sphere.... I love your blog & your pic's!

Regards from Agneta in Sweden