Saturday, September 19, 2009

Favorite Things: DHC Mild Soap

Favorite things: DHC Olive Soap
Part of my 'favorite things' series, this is my favorite soap and it came in the mail yesterday. I discovered DHC about 4 years ago and have been using it faithfully ever since. DHC is a an olive oil based skin care line that originated in Japan. Yes, olive oil! There's a 3-step cleansing, toning and moisturizing program that's geared towards your skin type, but I've always just stuck with the mild soap and when I remember to get it, the deep cleansing oil which I haven't used for about a year. Today I used the oil and can feel and see the difference. It's wonderful stuff. The bars of soap last for months on end, and when they come in the mail, they are just too pretty to open.
I've tried their moisturizers and get confused with the plethora of types they offer, so after cleansing, I just use my tried and true fave, Hope in a Jar.

11 comments:

Heather said...

You are such an inspiration :) - encouraging me to take care of this part of me. Thank you, Kate.

Anonymous said...

Soap - Thats it for bath And thats what I learnt. But never thought that seriously about the product.
Yes, shampoo I know a little.
Normal hair etc. etc.
But again A shampoo is a shampoo to clean hair.
Today I say - Internet is excellent for learning.
And Thanks to the writer.
Keep writing.

Char said...

i love olive oil soap - though i haven't tried this kind.

yum

Daryl said...

Aha now I know who to send the samples of this I keep getting ...

Caroline said...

So pretty...I love to get stuff like that in the mail. Bet it smells amazing.

Betty said...

Beautiful picture.I bet it smells ad good as it looks

Mental P Mama said...

Only you could make a bar of soap look so elegant.....

EG CameraGirl said...

What a healthy way to pamper yourself!

Anonymous said...

It's so pretty I would not want to unwrap it.

Di

ELK said...

the packaging always gets me~lovely

Weezee said...

I keep getting their catalogs maybe I will give them a try. I love the wrappings.
I call my moisturizer Oil of Delay. LOL I crack myself up.