Friday, January 8, 2010

Where I work

Where I work
I took my camera to work today and used the wonky lens that doesn't autofocus anymore. It worked inside! But once I took it outside into the wintry icy air, no worky. But I managed to get a few shots, regardless. I was working on them tonight, trying to decide which was best. It's going to end up in a framed print that we're giving to someone who is retiring. So no pressure here (not) to get it right.
This is a K-12 college preparatory school in Maryland. I've been here for 11 years and both of my sons graduated from here, in 2003 and 2005. It's a great place to work.

14 comments:

Mary said...

Wow. it's beautiful!

Mental P Mama said...

Just beautiful!

Driftwood and Pumpkin said...

It is a beautiful building. I LOVE school buildings. I love the way they smell. Can you tell I am a teacher at heart?

Jeanne Frances Klaver said...

Wouldn't mind going to school here. Beautiful building.

JC said...

I love the brick ...

Scriptor Senex said...

In the 1950s England had a habit of building a large number of schools in one style - deadly dull and boring. Seeing your school makes me wonder if the appearance of the school actually has an impact on attendance, student enthusiasm, etc. Worth a study I should think.

The JR said...

Schools in MS don't look like that. Very nice.

Deb said...

Lovely building...and you stole my post for tomorrow! well, not where I work but an interesting building!

Daryl said...

AHA .. the wonky lens has cold issues .. my little P&S's battery thinks its depleted when the temps get low ... nice shot I am sure it will frame beautifully

Unknown said...

What a beautiful building, lucky you.

Si

Kay said...

What a cool looking building.

DesertHen said...

What a beautiful building!

Char said...

what a beautiful place to work - great shot

Anonymous said...

AND you caught the moon! Yeah! smiles.