Sunday, December 27, 2009

Little brown wren

Little brown wren

This little fella flew into our mudroom on Christmas morning. I choose to think it is a good sign. He moved remarkably fast but I managed to get a photo of him clinging to the wall.
You know, it's funny. With Christmas over, I was feeling a tad bit bereft of happiness. (I actually speak this way in real life, so don't get all jumpy).
So here I was feeling this way and thought I'd just go on up to bed. Then I remembered I had yet to post for today and began to look through my holiday photos which made me smile, as did this little bird. AND . . . The Bishop's Wife just started. I think I will stay up for awhile. Not so bereft anymore.

16 comments:

Jo Whitehurst said...

Little Brown Wren looking for a warm place to spend Christmas?

Love the Bishop's Wife! Cary Grant can snap me out of a funk, any time!

Mental P Mama said...

What a sweet bird! Be not bereft my good maiden! February is just around the corner. Or just a quick car trip this week....

Driftwood and Pumpkin said...

Photography does the same thing for me. Glad the gloom floated away.

P.S. I was feeling the same way Christmas night after all the festivities were finished.

Daryl said...

All I felt was indigestion ... I wish I had know there was a Cary Grant fix on the TV ..

Deb said...

Oh, don't feel bereft, my friend. find the sunshine and let the rays flow over your face. and smile.

Betty said...

Your little wren looks very happy to have found a place to enjoy the day.
I am "bereft" until the day after Christmas then I am elated.
Have a great 2010.
~~ Love Hugs and Good Thoughts~~

Gayle said...

Sweet wonderful surprises and blessings sounds like to me! He is so precious, a good sign for a new year and decade!

Unknown said...

Beautiful photograph.

Si

DesertHen said...

What a pretty little bird. Glad you were able to snap a shot and share.

S. Etole said...

such rich color ... made my heart smile

eileeninmd said...

Love your cute little Carolina Wren! What a nice visitor.

Anonymous said...

My husband's mother died over 10 years ago....well, when he misses her the most..a wren just like yours seems to show up at our house to sing....he knows it is her...smiles.

Char said...

what a sweet little fellow.

glad the bereft was lifted in some little ways.

The JR said...

Love those wren's. Great picture.

Jeanne Frances Klaver said...

What a gorgeous little wren. Enjoy Bishop's Wife; I did!

Dana @ Bungalow'56 said...

Thought I would check out your site, and WOW, beautiful photos. I have so much to learn.